Monday, December 04, 2006

Comfort

Psalm 77:2

When I was in distress, I sought the Lord; at night I stretched out untiring hands and my soul refused to be comforted.

Psalm 119:50

My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.

Psalm 119:76

May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant.

Isaiah 49:13

Shout for joy, O heavens; rejoice, O earth; burst into song, O mountains! For the LORD comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.

Isaiah 66:13

As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem.

2 Corinthians 1:3

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort

Have you ever thought about a mother's love for her children? It is truly unconditional. They do so little to deserve our love. They mess up so much and require so much effort. Our children can drive us crazy. They can make us question our sanity. Yet, we still love them and have such sweet affection for them.

This is how I think of God sees us as His children. I mess up. I loose control. I try to do things on my own but ultimately, must turn back to Him for help. He responds as a mother does to her children. With open arms. He doesn't care how many times we mess up, nor how much effort we require. He understands our and responds to them lovingly-whether it's 2am or a weekend, or Holiday, etc. He always takes our calls too-never having to leave a message. No, not literally-but He's always available.

He's always here for His children. Oh, and He doesn't complain about it:-)

In fact, have you ever found yourself saying "How many times am I going to tell you_______?" or "If you would've listened to mommy..."?

I often chuckle inside as I'm saying these silly words, thinking to myself-heed your own advice. God must think I am so silly wondering why I have to tell my children the same things over and over. He never tires of telling me over and over;-)

I posted many verses on comfort because it's what I've needed lately-comfort. It's hard being a mom. It's hard being human. But, God can comfort me no matter how nuttso I feel...or act. Best part-He forgives me for it. He made me and He loves me.

I am so thankful that He allowed me to have children, to be able to love them. They don't do anything to deserve my love-thus, they can't do anything to loose it. And it's the same way with God-we don't do anything to deserve His love, and thus, we can't do anything to loose it.

I hope you find comfort in your day!

1 comments:

the rinehart's said...

Thank you for writing that! I needed to hear it!!

Your little Owen is SO PRECIOUS!