Sunday, June 10, 2007

So amazing! Plus, a fun new look and some new features!


I am so amazed to look at the beautiful gifts I've received from the Lord!

Our 3 boys are truly amazing and precious gifts. Watching them grow, play, etc is just the greatest blessing.

Here's a little update on our little Owen:

At his 7 month measurement check, he was 12 pounds, 12 ounces. 23 3/8 inches long and his noggin' was 43 3/8. Back dating him to 5 months, he is finally on the growth chart with his weight! His height isn't there yet but he did get closer to the curve;-) His head is not only on the charts, but went from the 25th percentile to the 60%!!! Now that's one smart baby!!! No seriously, head growth is a serious measurement, not to be taken lightly and with Owen's mild hydrocephalus, Dr. Ho knows about the increase, plus, we've had a recent catscan so the noggin's all good;-) While I know he's quadrupled his birth weight and gained almost 10 inches of length, he's still such a little guy to me. I forget how little day to day until I get those little reminders like at work when I take care of a new baby...just this weekend, a very average size newborn joined the world at 7 pounds 9 ounces. I was doing her footprints when I looked at the print and thought, I wonder how much bigger Owen's feet are than hers? Well, Tim brought the boys in for dinner with me and I saw first hand just how much bigger they "weren't"...they were the same size. I see him everyday and think he really looks perfectly proportionate...which he may be, but this baby looked perfect also at her 7# 9oz and 20 1/2 inch length. Anyway, just an observation to babble about;-)

Now...how 'bout the new fresh look of the blog? I finally overcame my fear and upgraded it. I added the map at the bottom where you an add your city and even photo if you want (thanks Tonya-you are so fun to copy from;-) Feel free to check out all the features and let me know what you think...I love reading your comments-more comments (so long s they are nice:-) would be great-it lets me know I'm not just typing to myself...am I?

I know-I am a blog junkie. I can't help it. But, here's the deal: Tim always says I should read more so, I write this blog and read other blogs. I learn all about people close and afar and how they deal with what God allows in their lives. It's wonderful and I'm thinking about adding the blogs I read to the side bar under a cool feature heading called "Other blogs of interest". If you want to be a blog of interest, let me know!;-) If nothing else, I've learned a lot about the challenges many others face and how wonderfu a life I'm blessed with. It's also enhanced my prayer life and journaling. Consider this verse:

With God's power working in us, God can do much, much more than anything we can ask or imagine. Ephesians 3:20

Isn't that a truly incredible verse? Sometimes I think few of us really know what prayer can do if we'd just ask! I know when we were expecting Owen and everyone was praying fervently for mine and Owen's lives...it was a big thing! But, God wants us to bring to Him not just the BIG things, but everything!

Ok, well, it is Sunday and all-but I'll end my pulpit preaching for now;-)

Please remember Owen in your prayers for his Surgery this Tuesday the 12th. I'm trying hard to have faith that all will go well but I have a bit of uneasiness with his small size and frequent eating-6 hours of fasting seems so long for him (and me driving him screaming to Indy!). And then there's the uncertainty of the hearing test, labs, etc. I must remember: With God's power working in me, He can do MUCH, MUCH MORE than anything I can ask or imagine!

I also have his band on him again, but that pesky red spot and bump has returned. I'm tryig to not worry about it...I took it back off for his nap and will reassess when he finally gets up (we are at 3 1/2 hours and counting). We will travel back to Chicago in the am for an official check and adjustment.

Lastly, a huge thank you to Matthew and Nicole...you know why;-) You are such a blessing! I've walked past the thank you card section a bundle of times and have to do what I intended (a nice thank you card). You guys are great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Add us to the blogs lists!!

Hugs Owey!

Kristi Valiant said...

You know we're reading your blog... family always cares!