Friday, November 21, 2008

15 weeks and not much else...

Being 15 weeks has been good. In keeping with the fruit theme...apparently the baby (with a penis) is about the size of an orange;-) I wasn't able to sleep last night since I was post 2 twelves and pre my last for the week and while I was lying in bed *not sleeping* I really think I felt his tiny kicks-YAY! How fun!-right? I love that part of pregnancy...feeling the baby move inside me makes every sleepless night, blood sugar check, insulin shot, etc ALL WORTH it!

So next up...the ultrasound-and it's none too soon. Unfortunately, I need to wait until at least 19 weeks so the heart chambers are visible-ugh. But, it'll be worth it. I'm guessing the little stinker will be shy that day-oh well. He can't conceal his parts forever and I've already been told I'll get serial ultrasounds due to the gestational diabetes.

One of the pregnancy sites says the baby is developing taste buds this week....hmmm, what will he taste-ummm salad, salad, and more salad. I'm also digging Fazoli's baked spaghetti. And lastly, the ever-famous staple of McD's nuggets and fries-ahhhh yum.

So, lastly on my boring post...I'm thinking about re-doing-or should I say "doing" my bedroom. I'm excited about this prospect. That's about it for my 15 week review.

2 comments:

Members said...

An orange with a penis...now that's an interesting thought :) teeheee!
So, I guess now "Kara" is for sure out for a name?????
love ya,
k

Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry said...

I thought it was funny the way pregnancy books always compared babies to fruit. I thought they should compare them to food like oreos and kit kats. Much easier to understand that way!

Enjoy this magical time.