Monday, November 17, 2008

9 years and 1 week...

that's how old this tooth is:



TJ said his goodbyes to his poor chipped little tooth that was hanging on by mere threads and I easily pulled the sucker around 7 o'clock last night. I never thought I could get so emotional over this tooth. I mean I did wait 9 years and 1 week for him to lose one...but geesh, get it together. He knew how much it meant to me for me to be "there" when the momentous occasion occurred so he let me pull it even though he was quite resistant to the painful idea. Luckily, it popped right out with "no pain" he said;-).





The "tooth fairy" very bleary eyed rounded up a few bills and some change to shove under his pillow. He came into my room this morning and declared the tooth fairy left him $5.56...maybe the ole tooth fairy is real...I really didn't think my small handful of change would be quite so much...oops. Jacob then declared it's not fake! He's on a holy roller kick...he thinks if it ain't in the Bible, it ain't real. My sweet evangelist;-) Oh his sweet innocence.

So, the end of an era has come...on to puberty I suppose-UGH! Maybe not so much.

And I must give some redneck props to my Nascar driver-a champion in my book...Carl Edwards-he just narrowly missed the title but he did it with style winning last night's race (doing all he could do to possibly close the gap) but not the championship berth...kuddos to Jimmie Johnson for his 3 time win.




I actually fell asleep and missed my Carl's season ending back-flip but checked out Nascar.com first thing this am to see if he possibly edged out Jimmy. Oh well, there's always next year and frankly, Carl won 9 races this year (which is an amazing feat in this elite sport). Congrats Carl on a great season!

And to leave on a note that really gives credit to my true love...

Tim is a great husband. He knows I am struggling with all that stinks re: pregnancy (ie insulin and tons of blood sugar checks, yet having to eat or not eat to stay healthy). So, when I said nothing sounds good last night he offered to go get me something (and this was at 8pm BTW)...so I selfishly agreed to "let him" go get me an Olive garden salad...

So, the poor guy comes back with the funniest look on his face and says "I think I got you all you wanted" so I asked what he meant and he shared that his options were a regular or large salad so he opted for the large...16 dollars and lots of salad later he returned home...let's just say I have a lot of salad to enjoy. Thanks sweetie;-)

3 comments:

April said...

Yay T.J.!!!

amy f. said...

Congrats to TJ, that's great that it finally happened. That first picture makes his tooth look awfully gray.

Oh, and I had to quit reading when you started talking NASCAR :-)

Unknown said...

Ok, I laughed out loud at the salad story, that sounds like something that would occur at our house! Ha Ha