Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Cheer-tag! You're it!!!

Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!!
Just copy this entire post and paste into a new post/e-mail that you can send with the changes in answers so that they apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you......Tis the Season to be NICE!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? ok, strangely enough, I prefer to wrap presents but I love gift bags and have a million of them.

2. Real tree or Artificial? No question here...FAKE FAKE FAKE! Who can deal with the expense and mess of a real one? Ugh!


3. When do you put up the tree? Usually after TJ's birthday, which is November 9th. I love putting up the tree early enough to enjoy it;-)

4. When do you take the tree down? anytime I have time after Christmas but preferably before New Year's and this question should read "When does Tim take the tree down?;-)"

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes...I have an easy and yummy NA recipe for it too...but I must confess, I had a McD's egg nog shake tonight that made me feel sick;-P


6. Favorite gift received as a child? Oh where do I begin? My mom always tried so hard to give us a great Christmas even when funds when ziltcho. My fav memory is probably getting a Cabbage Patch Kid doll named Gallagher which I shamefully made my mom feel bad about since I didn't want one with dark brownish red hair and certainly not a boy one. Now I feel guilty about this selfishness and realize how hard the silly doll was to come by.

7. Hardest person to buy for? There are so many...BIL Jason, I'd say (sorry Jay)

8. Easiest person to buy for? Owen b/c he has no clue...no seriously my kids are very easy to buy for and so far they are very grateful

9. Do you have a nativity scene? yes, many but my fav is my little people one;-)


10.Do you send cards or email cards? if you are lucky you get one in the mail but otherwise, I try to post it here;-)


11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I have no idea-stumped.

12. Favorite Holiday Movie? Definitely Christmas vacation followed by A Christmas Story

13. When do you start shopping for Holidays? if not before on the day after Thanksgiving;-)

14. Ever recycled a Holiday present? of course, who hasn't?

15. Favorite thing to eat at Holiday? My cookie pressed sugar cookies with buttercream frosting and sugar sprinkles-yum yum!

16. Lights on the tree? yes...um, mine are those led colored lights from Sams club since my husband thinks he's being energy efficient;-)

17. Favorite Holiday song?

18. Travel at Holidays or stay home? stay at home-hubby in retail...sadly haven't been to mom's house in 9 years;-(


19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? I had 7 and was ostracized here at work for originally typing them here:-) one I spelled wrong-oh well.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A star right now but I don't care for it.


21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? EARLY Christmas morning;-)

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Traffic, lines and snow (cold weather too)

23. Favorite ornament? The new one I get each year with the year and each member of our family listed. This year mine says Renay and baby-awww...;-) My close 2nd is a tie for the Christmas Pickle and the Stake that really reminds me of what Christmas is about.

24. Favorite for Holiday dinner? Cookies...seriously? I guess ham or turkey but I have no idea how that will make it on my table this year since I work;-(


25. What do you want for Christmas this year? How hard is this? I want my boys to be happy and healthy and to know that amongst the presents and food, the real reason we celebrate Christmas is to rejoice in the birth of our Savior. I pray you all rejoice in this free gift also.

Merry Christmas!!!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

This was fun to read. Thanks for posting!

amy f. said...

You like Christmas Vacation??? just kidding.

Mmm...eggnog, yum. All I've gotten so far this season was a sample at Sam's Club. Yeah, I'm skeptical of the shake and I recently bought the Eggnog flavor coffee creamer and I can't stand it. I'll just stick with the original stuff (I don't think I've ever had any with alcohol).

This was fun :-)

Kristy V said...

Wow....we have lots in common! My favorite nativity is little people too! I love A Christmas Story!